Psychoanalysis bridges relationships, experiences and the unconscious.
Confidential. Supportive. Affordable.
The first session. It lasts about hour. It is free. In this session you will speak about the issues you wish to address, ask any questions about the treatment and assess if you feel comfortable working with me.
Sessions. We meet at my private office, in a quiet and peaceful room opening on a private yard. Initially, we will both sit on armchairs for what is called "face-to-face" sessions. You can use the couch only if you wish to and when you decide to. You are expected to speak freely, not censoring yourself, and you will be listened to carefully and with no judgment. I will ask you questions, make comments, help you notice what you are saying, suggest connections between different elements of your unique story, and always accompany you, respectfully and all the way. Although I practice variable-length sessions, appointments are scheduled every 45 minutes. So, you can expect your sessions to last a maximum of 40 minutes, unless you need more time and there is no appointment after yours.
Fees. We will discuss your budget for therapy during your first session and agree upon a fee based on the frequency of sessions. At any time you are free to bring up the question of fees; for instance if you win the lottery, face unexpected financial hardship or wish to change the frequency of sessions. Any canceled or missed session is due, except in case of emergency or prior agreement.
Who can benefit
- Individual, Couple, Family
- Child, Adolescent, Young Adult, Adult, Mature Adult
- Woman, Man, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Asexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning
- Employed, Unemployed, Self-employed, Stay-at-home, Entrepreneur, Artist
- Caregivers or Family Members of Patients with Dementia or Life Threatening Illnesses
- Pet Owners; pets welcome if well trained
- Depression, mood disorders, anxiety, problems related to dementia (patients, caregivers and families), Alzheimer's disease, bipolar disorders, schizophrenia
- Self esteem or self confidence issues, identity crisis, plastic surgery, medical conditions
- Couple and family dynamics, aging parents, parenting, gender identity
- Work related problems, career development or stalling
- Making changes that will last
- Getting rid of old patterns that may prevent you from realizing your full potential
- Improving your relationships, you self confidence and your experiences
- Making decisions for issues that were unresolved
- Being able to identify early–and correct–some ways of being that me be "getting in the way" of what you wish to achieve